Spencer awards Part-time Master’s Scholarships to risk practitioners who attend graduate school part-time or online, while working full-time. Selected recipients will receive awards of up to $10,000. The financial amount of the award would be equal to the student’s actual tuition and fees cost, offset by any corporate reimbursement, to a maximum of $10,000.
The Education Committee of the Foundation will consider applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Enrollment status: Part-time Master’s candidate (minimum 12 hours of study per 12 month period)
- Field of study – normally a major or minor in a risk-management discipline
- Career objective in risk management
- Relevant work experience
- Leadership skills
- Strong undergraduate academic performance
- Documentation outlining employer’s tuition reimbursement policy
- Candidates in Executive MBA programs are ineligible for these scholarships.
The application portal opens in February applications with a May 1 deadline.
Spencer awards scholarships on the basis of merit and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, handicap or veteran status.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please email Angela Sabatino, or call her at 212-655-5223.
Boston University | Markel
Lasalle University | Munich Reinsurance America
Boston University | Liberty Mutual
University of Colorado - Denver | Choi's Accounting, LLC
New York University | Aon
Marylhurst University | Nike, Inc.
Chul Hyung Lee
St. John's University | Western World Insurance
Olivet College | Cook Group
Florida State University | Crown Castle International
Olivet College | AIG
Matthew J. Shoaf
Villanova University | Munich Reinsurance America