“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as (but not limited to) your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information:
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question. We may then collect your name, address and email in order to respond to that inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event.
- We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone or by mailing in a check or form.
The above list provides a sample of personal information that may be collected by Spencer Educational Foundation. From time to time, we may collect personal information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will not sell, trade, or share your personal or corporate donor information, collected on the website or obtained through other means. As needed, information provided for events (e.g. Gala Dinner or 5K Run) will be shared with requisite parties working on the event/activity.
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- We will collect payment information, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation, sponsorship or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
Online donations processed through our Website are done via a secure gateway. We use a third party payment (TransFirst) to process credit cards. The Foundation does not have nor does it maintain full credit card numbers. Donor information is maintained on the Donor Perfect system. Their security/privacy statement can be viewed here. Similarly, information for our scholarship and grant applications are completed and housed with Foundant Technologies. Other systems are used to deploy e-mail communications.
For all systems, to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the proper use of information, we have established and implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Once we receive your personal information, it is accessible only to a small number of Spencer Educational Foundation employees who have been trained in processing this information.
Based on the information provided for a donation, we may add donor names to our mailing list and provide e-mail (or regular mail) updates on Foundation activities. If at any time you would like to correct or remove your information or do not wish to receive future communications from us, please contact us: Andrew Miller, 212.655.6045, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may place cookies on all Web site visitors’ hard drives to collect aggregate information on the number of visitors to our site and the number of pages viewed.
Cookie information is used only by Spencer and is not provided to any other organization. It is used in aggregate for traffic analysis and to provide relevant information to our visitors. It is also used for Website and system administration, including research and development, user analysis and business decision-making.
We collect click-stream data and HTTP protocol elements through access logs. This information is not personally identifiable and is used for Web site and system administration including: research and development, user analysis and business decision-making.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedure to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How to Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please contact Andrew Miller at 212.655.6045 or you may write us at:
Spencer Educational Foundation, Inc.
1065 Avenue of the Americas / 13th Floor
New York, NY 10018