For nearly 20 years, our Risk Manager in Residence program has been praised by both risk managers and universities as a rewarding educational experience and a chance to give back to the profession. The Foundation awards grant of up to $4,000 to college and universities to cover transportation, housing, and incidental costs for a lecturing risk manager.
The Foundation has set the following criteria for participating schools in the Risk-Manager-in-Residence Program:
- The attending risk manager must be selected from the Foundation’s pool of risk managers. A listing will be supplied to the university if it is selected by the RMIR committee to receive a grant.
- Participating faculty must be willing to prepare or coordinate an itinerary with the attending risk manager (i.e. transportation, lodging, preparing a presentation schedule).
- At least three presentations to students should be scheduled.
- The follow-up final reports sent to Spencer Educational Foundation, Inc. should include concise but descriptive details of the risk manager’s visit and the benefits derived, including a full accounting report of expenses incurred. Final reports should be sent to the Foundation immediately following the lecture program.
- Finance faculty and students must be willing to be involved.
- Lecturing risk managers must be compensated for their travel and housing expenses within 30 business days.
The Foundation’s Risk-Manager-in-Residence (RMIR) Committee screens all participating risk managers to ensure that they meet the criteria to lecture at universities.
- Universities and Colleges: To access the grant application, please click here.
- IMPORTANT CHANGE: Starting with 2017, there will only be one application period per year. The deadline for all 2017 Risk Manager in Residence Grant Applications is April 1, 2017.
- To see a list of current program participants, please click here.