The Spencer Educational Foundation makes possible the following programs:
- Spencer Scholars – Since 1980, nearly $4.9 million in merit-based scholarships and grants have been awarded to outstanding undergraduate, graduate and part-time MBA students who wish to join the risk management profession. In total, 538 students throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom have been named Spencer Scholars.
- Risk Manager in Residence – Now in its 15th year, this program arranges for dedicated risk management professionals to give presentations and lectures at colleges and universities across the country. Grants are awarded to institutions to host this program and cover costs associated with bringing a risk manager to campus. The program has been praised by both risk managers and universities as a rewarding educational experience and a chance to give back to the profession.
- Student Internships – Since 1998, grants of up to $3,000 have been awarded to RIMS chapters, member companies and Foundation supporters to employ students for an internship of eight weeks or more. The program is designed to provide students with a meaningful internship experience and maximum exposure to risk management issues facing today’s practitioners.
- Spencer Scholar Resume Book – Companies and corporate recruiters, who contribute $5,000 or more, have access to the resumes of talented risk management students who have been awarded a Spencer Educational Foundation scholarship.
- Grants - the Foundation administers the FM Global Loss Control Course Development $50,000 grant(s) offered to universities in the United States and Canada and annually awards grants to universities to further the study of risk management.
To inquire about participating or sponsoring one of the above programs, please call Angela Sabatino, Programs Director, at 212-655-6223 or by email, email@example.com